Matic Network is a scaling solution for public blockchains. Based on an adapted implementation of Plasma framework (Plasma MoreVP) - with an account based implementation (read more here), Matic supports all the existing Ethereum tooling along with faster and cheaper transactions.
Matic strives to solve the scalability and usability issues while not compromising on decentralization and leveraging the existing developer community and ecosystem. Matic Network is an off/side chain scaling solution for existing platforms to provide scalability and superior user experience to DApps/user functionalities.
Key Features & Highlights
- Scalability Fast, low-cost and secure transactions on Matic sidechains with finality achieved on mainchain and Ethereum as the first compatible Layer 1 basechain
- High Throughput Achieved up to 10,000 TPS on a single sidechain on internal testnet; Multiple chains to be added for horizontal scaling
- User Experience Smooth UX and developer abstraction from mainchain to Matic chain; native mobile apps and SDK with WalletConnect support
- Security Matic chain operators are themselves stakers in the PoS system
- Public Sidechains Matic sidechains are public in nature (vs. individual DApp chains), permissionless and capable of supporting multiple protocols