2-min guide to get started on Matic¶
Block time on the Matic testnet is ~1s.
Deploy smart contracts¶
- If you are already developing contracts on Ethereum, just configure the Web3 Provider URL to https://testnet2.matic.network
- Everything else remains the same
- Matic Mainnet will have PoS security, with greater Plasma guarantees being added
Bring Ropsten assets (ERC20/ERC721) to the Matic testnet using Plasma¶
- To get TEST tokens on Ropsten you can access the Matic Faucet: https://wallet.matic.today/faucet
Ropsten TEST token contract address - 0x6b0b0e265321e788af11b6f1235012ae7b5a6808
- Use matic.js (https://github.com/maticnetwork/matic.js) to interact with the Matic Plasma contracts. Go to https://docs.matic.network/matic-js-tutorial/ for a walkthrough of matic.js.
The flow for this would be:
- Deposit assets from Ropsten to Matic - deposit-ERC20.js
- Fast transfers on the Matic Plasma sidechain - transfer-ERC20.js
- Withdraw from Matic to Ropsten - initiate-withdraw-ERC20.js >> (wait for ~5 mins) >> confirm-withdraw.js >> (wait for ~5 mins) >> process-exit-ERC20.js
- Take a look at the examples here - https://github.com/maticnetwork/matic.js/tree/master/examples - to get started