2-min guide to get started on Matic¶
Block time on the Matic testnet is ~1s.
Deploy smart contracts¶
- If you are already developing contracts on Ethereum, just configure the Web3 Provider URL to https://testnet2.matic.network
- Everything else remains the same
- Matic Mainnet will have PoS security, with greater Plasma guarantees being added
Note: Developers already integrating with https://testnet2.matic.network/ can change their RPC to https://pre-alpha.matic.network in order to move to the pre-alpha Matic mainnet test chain. This environment will have the same changes as in the alpha Matic mainnet, and will allow any breaking changes to be rectified in your application.
Bring Ropsten assets (ERC20/ERC721) to the Matic testnet using Plasma¶
- To get TEST tokens on Ropsten you can access the Matic Faucet: https://wallet.matic.today/faucet
Ropsten TEST token contract address - 0x6b0b0e265321e788af11b6f1235012ae7b5a6808
- Use matic.js (https://github.com/maticnetwork/matic.js) to interact with the Matic Plasma contracts. Go to https://docs.matic.network/matic-js-tutorial/ for a walkthrough of matic.js.
The flow for this would be:
- Deposit assets from Ropsten to Matic - deposit-ERC20.js
- Fast transfers on the Matic Plasma sidechain - transfer-ERC20.js
- Withdraw from Matic to Ropsten - initiate-withdraw-ERC20.js >> (wait for ~5 mins) >> confirm-withdraw.js >> (wait for ~5 mins) >> process-exit-ERC20.js
- Take a look at the examples here - https://github.com/maticnetwork/matic.js/tree/master/examples - to get started